The Corsairs of Malta in Valletta Tour – WALKING MALTA TOUR
Welcome to The Corsairs of Malta in Valletta Tour-Walking Malta Tour this 2-hour walking Malta Tour where you’ll discover Malta’s best-kept secrets and other vivid intriguing tales in our UNESCO-listed capital city of Valletta. Led by your costumed local “Corsair” guide who mixes historical fact with a light-hearted tone and a dash of humor. Behind the Valletta’s handsome façade lie many hidden thrilling stories that must be re-told.
Hear about hilarious yet devious schemes, the worst of tortures, and theft on a grand scale. Learn about the true sinister origin of worldwide delicacies, carnal desires, tales of love gone terribly wrong, and clever plots unrivaled perhaps even today!! Prepare yourself for unknown corsair stories and other exciting tales Valletta’s streets have witnessed under the warrior monks known as The Knights of St. John and more!
- 2- Hour Guided Tour of Valletta’s Hidden treasures with Chris Schembri, a local guide with over 12 years’ experience.
- A must do, if you’re looking for an inspiring perspective and presentation on Malta’s historical tales, not normally discovered by most tourists, to start or end your holiday in Malta with a BANGl!
Our Corsair Tours are the most Media Covered Tours in Malta for a very good reason!
- Take in the splendid views of St.Johns Co-Cathedral, Old Courthouse, Grandmaster’s Palace, Monte Di Pieta, Jesuit Church, and the Old University.
- 10-15 minute restroom & refreshment break halfway through the tour at the Valletta Food Market.
- Explore many more architectural attractions not normally experienced along Merchants Street and other gems you would not normally see on other tours.
Reviewed by a TripAdvisor traveller, 20 June 2018
WHAT TO EXPECT
Meet your local guide Chris Schembri, playing a savvy Corsair from Valletta’s pirate past in front of the St. John’s Co-Cathedral, a work of architectural beauty in itself. Then set off on your-2 hour walking tour when the Knights of St. John ruled Malta with an iron and bloody fist!
Valletta’s significant connection with Licensed Piracy… for good or for worse! That’s one of the first things that you will learn… as Chris sets the scene and vibe for your tour. All this, whilst admiring the superb Baroque architecture of each location you stop by, such as the Old Courthouse, the Grandmaster’s Palace, and many more especially along Merchants Street. More importantly, listen to each location’s secrets as well as cultural fascinations such as old related Maltese sayings that even many locals don’t know about!
Dare to listen to the worst of tortures, pleasures of the flesh, crafty and fiendish schemes which took place at these locations!
You’ll also laugh and giggle, as your corsair guide at times recruits potential corsairs (or victims) from your group to involve in real life scenarios…sometimes at the point of his pistol, though mostly voluntary 🙂 Half-way through the tour…. You will have time for a quick refreshment and a restroom break during a 10 to 15 minutes short break at the Valletta Food Market.
Afterward, Chris will whisk you away to further off-beaten parts of Valletta. Missed by most visitors and vividly recount more saucy tales of romance and revenge. As well as events that happened in this tiny rock, yet changed the world! Finally, conclude your tour in Archbishop Street by the Church of our Lady Damascus very close to the “The Pub” … where renowned actor Oliver Reed had his final drink whilst filming Gladiator!